, formerly known as Emendo, is a visual style for Windows XP and the successor to Watercolor Emico: Blue.
Before using this theme, you'll need to patch a system file which is called UXTheme.dllUXTender
allows you to do this. All you have to do is download the patcher and run it.
When that's done, you'll need to place the folder caleld "Novus" in "C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes".
There's a choise between a style with the userpicture and one without. The 2 styles can be found on the "Color combination" dropdown menu.
This visual style also comes with 3 font choices as seen in the teaser image. These choices can be found in the "Font size" dropdown menu.Modifications:
For personal use only.Ports:
Please ask before doing so.Bugs:
If you find a bug, please report them. Before doing so, try to see and think why the bug occurs. Does it only happen in 1 application? Does it happen when you change a setting in Windows?Changelog:
v1.0.4 - 30-07-2009:
• Fixed font size for Calibri in the main style.
v1.0.3 - 28-07-2009:
• Fixed toolbar button alignements in Internet Explorer.
v1.0.2 - 27-07-2009:
• Fixed toolbar buttons.
• Added "Undock computer" button to the startpanel.
• Swapped Verdana with Segoe UI.
• Changed Calibri font size from 10px to 9px.
v1.0.1 - 26-07-2009:
• Fixed startbutton in Calibri substyle.Info:
Wallpaper which I used for the teaser image: Fransisca
by Julie Koesmarno
• Could you make a substyle with a startbutton which doesn't have the text?
- No, the startbutton design simply doesn't look as good without the text. I also don't want to go beyond 2 substyles.
• Are you still going to release that black version? Or any other color mod for that matter?
- No, I'm considering this visual style my last one until further notice. I'm also quite bored of this style since I'm working on this for 2 years if you include Emico. Instead of making visual styles, I'm gonna make mockups and concepts and share them on deviantART.
• I wanted to ask if you're planning to port this visual style to Windows 7.
- I know I've said that I'll be doing this in the future. But my life got busy in between when I said it would happen and what I'm writing right now. Since much time has passed since then and Windows 8 is somewhat around the corner, I don't think it's such a good idea to put time into porting over Novus to a newer version of Windows. I've said it before and I'll say it again; Novus was intended to be a Windows XP-only visual style. At the time I've never had plans of porting it. Satukoro
has made a personal mod recently and I've been in contact with him about releasing his port. There are some unfortunate issues with porting the theme over to Windows that there just can't be an official release. It won't be of the same quality as this one as the issues are just simply bugs due to the way the visual style was designed for XP.
• I've found a bug in Internet Explorer. The buttons on web pages appear very small when I use your visual style. Is this possible to fix?
- I haven't got a clue why this is happening. However, here's what you can do to "fix" this: Go into "Internet Options" and then click on the "Advanced" tab. Find the option called "Enable visual styles on buttons and controls in webpages" and disable this option.